RISING STAR MISSION:
To educate families and the community about the value and benefits of music & theater arts, motivate young children to discover and develop their special talents, so they can empower themselves to develop confidence, self-discipline, creativity and capabilities they can use further in life.
- Carmel Arts Rising Star International Competition Online welcomes young pianists, singers, actors, dancers, and freestyle performers from all over the World.
- The Competition accepts and encourages beginner, older beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of performance and all styles of performing arts.
- The competition will have competitive and non-competitive divisions.
- Please, read the detailed rules for each division below.
- There is no preliminary round. All applicants will be accepted to the final round of the competition.
- The video may be recorded within 10 months prior to the submission date.
- The registration form must be completed in English.
- Applicants of each category will be placed in the appropriate age group(s) based on experience.
- Parents or any relatives can enter the Parent/Child Act category with the participant for duets/ensembles.
- Incomplete applications or those not including the required documents and fees will not be taken into consideration.
All rights for recordings, photos or broadcasts are reserved by the Carmel Arts Rising Star Competition and no fee is payable to any competitor for performances, photos, recordings or broadcasts.
- Theater Arts: Acting/Dance/Freestyle
- Ensemble (up to 8 people)
- Original Work (composition)
- Parent/Child Act
AGES & LEVELS:
Participants enter by age, determined at the time of the application deadline. The competitors will be placed in the appropriate groups by age as well as by experience.
- LOCATION: ONLINE.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & FEES:
Registration deadline: April 27, 2024 (Late registrations deadline: May 1st)
- The registration will close earlier if the maximum number of participants is reached before the deadline.
- Duets/Ensembles: Each performer fills out their own registration form and pays separately.
- FEES: Solo – $45; Duets/Ensembles – $25 per person; Choir – $200
- LATE registrations will be accepted by May 1st.
- LATE FEE: $25 late fee will be applied after April 27th, 2024
- Full payment must be made upon registration.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PERFORMANCE:
You will submit 1 video file in 2 formats:
- For judges: upload your video to your personal YouTube Channel and include the link in the registration form.
- For the final concert: upload your video file to the Rising Star Google Drive. (Please, click “Request Access” button.)
In BOTH files Include the child’s Full name, name of the music piece, composer.
- MP4 format
- good sound and light
- clean background
- close up (within 3-6 feet from the performer)
- dress: performance attire
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR MUSIC SCORE:
For Piano and Composition Divisions only:
- Scan your music score, Save As PDF file.
- It should be submitted as an attachment to your registration form as ONE file.
- If you have several pages, use this link to Merge your files into 1 document: https://www.pdfmergefree.com/
FINAL PERFORMANCES & AWARDS:
- All competitors will be evaluated by the international panel of judges and awarded 1st – 6th places for each category and age group. These awards are based on skill, presentation and general entertainment value of the performance.
- All performers will receive a Diploma/Certificate of the International competition and be featured on ITA’s website, YouTube Channel, and the Facebook page.
- All participants will receive the judges’ comments, score sheets and individual announcement flyers.
- For the final performances, participants should provide raw video files to be combined on the Rising Star’s YouTube Channel (by May 10th, 2023)
- All teachers will get a certificate of recognition of the Rising Star competition.
- Special prizes will be considered as they become available.
- Limited registration fee assistance/scholarship is available for eligible youth.
Students who would like to get a competition experience, but do not wish to participate in the competitive division, may enter a non-competitive category. Students will not be evaluated by the panel of judges but receive a participation certificate. All application rules and deadlines apply.
RISING STAR RULES (will be updated to 2024 soon):
CONTACT US for more details.