RISING STAR’S MISSION:
To educate families and the community about the value and benefits of music & theater arts, motivate youth to discover and develop their special talents, so they can empower themselves to develop confidence, self-discipline, creativity and capabilities they can use further in life.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for LIVE COMPETITION:
- Carmel Arts Rising Star Competition is open to all pianists, singers, actors, dancers, and freestyle performers ages 5-15/18.
- In 2022 the competition will be held live and online.
- The Competition accepts and encourages beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of performance and all styles of performing arts.
- The competition will have competitive and non-competitive divisions.
- Please, read the detailed rules for each division below.
- There is no preliminary round. All applicants will be accepted to the final round of the competition.
- Applicants of each category will be placed in the appropriate age group(s) based on experience.
- Incomplete applications or those not including the required documents and fees will not be taken into consideration.
All rights for recordings, photos or broadcasts are reserved by the Carmel Arts Rising Star Competition and no fee is payable to any competitor for performances, photos, recordings or broadcasts.
- Original Work (composition)
- Parent/Child Act
Participants enter by age, determined at the time of the application deadline. The competitors will be placed in the appropriate groups by age as well as by experience.
Live Competition will take place on the Main Stage at the Monon Community Center (1235 Central Park Dr. East, Carmel, IN, 46032)
APPLICATION DEADLINES & FEES:
Registration Opens on November 1st, 2021.
Registration deadline: January 22, 2022
HOW TO REGISTER:
- The registration will close earlier if the maximum number of participants is reached before the deadline.
- Duets/Ensembles: Each performer fills out their own registration form and pays separately.
- FEES: Solo – $75; Duets/Ensembles – $40 per person
- LATE FEE: $25 late fee will be applied after January 22, 2022
- Full payment must be made upon registration.
- Parent/Child Act – please, register each participant (parent and children) separately and pay at the duet/ensemble rate.
- All competitors will be evaluated by a panel of judges and awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention awards for Pre-Elementary, Elementary A & B, Intermediate A & B, and Advanced categories. These awards are based on skill, presentation and general entertainment value of the performance.
- All winning performers will receive a Diploma, medals, or trophies.
- All participants will get a certificate of recognition of the Rising Star competition in different nominations.
- Special prizes will be considered as they become available.
- Limited registration fee assistance is available for eligible youth.
Students who would like to get a competition experience, but do not wish to participate in the competitive division, may enter a non-competitive category. Students will not be evaluated by the panel of judges but receive a participation certificate. All application rules and deadlines apply.
RISING STAR RULES:
CONTACT US for more detail