CARMEL ARTS RISING STAR GENERAL INFORMATION
CARMEL ARTS RISING STAR MISSION:
To educate families and the community about the value and benefits of music & theater arts, motivate youth to discover and develop their special talents, so they can empower themselves to develop confidence, self-discipline, creativity and capabilities they can use further in life.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for the Rising Star LIVE COMPETITION:
- Carmel Arts Regional Rising Star Competition is open to all pianists, singers, actors, dancers, and freestyle performers ages 4-18.
- In 2024 the competition will be held live (Regional) and online (International).
- The competition accepts and encourages beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of performance and all styles of performing arts.
- The competition will have competitive and non-competitive divisions.
- Please, read the detailed rules for each division below.
- There is no preliminary round. All applicants will be accepted to the final round of the competition.
- Applicants of each category will be placed in the appropriate age group(s) based on experience.
- Incomplete applications or those not including the required documents and fees will not be taken into consideration.
- All rights for recordings, photos or broadcasts are reserved by the Carmel Arts Rising Star Competition and no fee is payable to any competitor for performances, photos, recordings, or broadcasts.
- The competition is open to the public free of charge.
- Theater Arts/Dance/Freestyle
- Original Work (composition)
- Parent/Child Act
Participants enter by age, determined at the time of the application deadline. The competitors will be placed in the appropriate groups by age as well as by experience
TENTATIVE DATES & INFORMATION FOR THE RISING STAR LIVE – 2024
LOCATION: Main Stage at the Monon Community Center.
Address: 1235 Central Park Dr. East, Carmel, IN, 46032
APPLICATION DEADLINES & FEES:
Tentative Competition Dates & Times: Saturday, March 2nd or 9th, 9am – 7pm
Note: each group will be assigned a specific time after all registrations are processed.
Registration Opens on November 1st, 2023.
Registration deadline: January 20, 2024
HOW TO REGISTER:
SUBMIT the REGISTRATION FORM and Pay online (it will take you to Paypal, you can pay with a credit card)
- You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is processed.
- Registration is not valid without payment.
- Registration will close earlier if the maximum number of participants is reached before the deadline. Please, register EARLY.
- You will be able to change/submit your repertoire later (by February 1st)
- Duets/Ensembles: Each performer fills out their own registration form and pays separately.
- FEES: Solo – $75; Duets/Ensembles – $40 per person
- LATE FEE: $25 late fee will be applied after January 20, 2024
- Parent/Child Act – register together in one application. Put both of your names.
All participants will be invited to join the Awards Ceremony to receive their diplomas, medals, and trophies on March 9th, 2024 at the Monon Community Center.
- All competitors will be evaluated by a panel of judges and awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention awards for Pre-Elementary, Elementary A & B, Intermediate A & B, and Advanced categories. These awards are based on the skill, presentation, and general entertainment value of the performance.
- All winning performers will receive a Diploma/Certificate, medals, or trophies.
- Participants will get an opportunity to participate in workshops led by professional artists.
- Teachers/schools will be acknowledged with certificates of recognition.
- A letter of acknowledgment is provided for college applicants by request.
- Special prizes will be considered as they become available.
- Limited registration fee assistance is available for eligible youth.
Students who would like to get a competition experience, but do not wish to participate in the competitive division, may enter a non-competitive category. Students will not be evaluated by the panel of judges but receive a participation certificate. All application rules and deadlines apply